Men's Flag Football League
Session 1(S1) November 6, 2012 - December 18, 2012
7 Games - $850 * This session is shortened by the holidays (Christmas/New Years) there will be 7 games - Playoffs January 8, 2013
Session 2 (S2) January 15, 2013 - March 12, 2013
8 Games plus Playoffs - $950
Session 3 (S3) March 19, 2013 - May 14, 2013
Cost/Session: $950.00 Per Team (*Session 1-$850 Per Team)
Format: 8 games, 1 playoff week (for Sessions 2 & 3)
Game Times: Tuesday Evenings (8:30, 9:30 &10:30 PM)
Playoffs: Top five (5) Teams (no playoffs for Session 1)
Players: Over 18 years, 6 vs 6 on field
Depending on number and caliber of teams - league may split into two (2) divisions.
RULE CHANGES FOR 2012-2013
- Teams change sides after 20 minutes and Officials will verify score before 2nd half begins.
- TIMING/OVERTIME: Each team will receive 3 plays to end the TIE. A pick in overtime CAN be returned for a score. If after each possession, if either team has not scored, the game will result in a tie. Exeption: Playoffs - each team will receive a 3 down series and this will continue until the tie is broken.
- Each time the ball is spotted, a team has 25 seconds to snap the ball. The 25 second clock will start when the official blows the whistle. (Play can't start until the official blows the whistle. Teams will receive one warning with 10 seconds left before a delay of game penalty is enforced.
- RUNNING: Spinnin is allowed, but players cannot leave their feet to avoid a defensive player. NO DIVING OR JUMPING.
- DEFENSE: Forcing a player out of bounds is ILLEGAL. Stripping the ball is ILLEGAL.
- DEFENSE/OFFENSE: Players attempting to discuss plays or calls - detaining the official - will result in a delay of game. Captains on the field have the right to question officials or call a time out for a ruling.
- THESE ARE THE NEW OFFICIAL RULES!!