Boys Lax Rules
- All teams must provide 24-hour notice if they need to cancel a game. If a team gives less than 24 hours notice of a game cancellation, that will be the first warning. If a team does this a second time, Sportsworld reserves the right to remove that team from the schedule. This does not include canceling due to bad weather. If a team feels it is unsafe to drive.
- All teams must have accurate rosters online for communication purposes.
- All team members must wear the same uniform or pinny
- All teams must have an adult coach or team manager present on the sideline.
- Only turf shoes/sneakers can be worn on the turf. Cleats are not allowed
- There is no restriction on the number of coaches on the sideline for a team.
- Teams do not need to check in before games, but random roster checks will take place.
- Goalies are required.
- NO score will be kept.
**All US Lacrosse Rules apply with the following inclusions/adaptations.**
- 7v7 (plus a goalie) 5 players over the midline and 2 players back. Teams can adjust to 6v6 (plus a goalie) if both agree.
- Face off to start the game/half and then a goalie will always clear after a goal is made.
- Two 25-minute halves with a 5-minute halftime. The horn will be buzzed five minutes after the hour to start each game and 25 minutes before the next hour to start the second half.
- Checking Rules: Middle and High School - NO BODY CHECKING, no PUSHING a player out of bounds. Referees will place safety at the forefront, with penalties ranging from 1 minute to 3 minute lock in. Players will serve the full time even if a goal is scored.
Officials and League directors have the full discretion to unnecessary roughness, to eject a player, and 1-3 game suspensions.
*Please note that Sportsworld can make a decision that a player will sit out the remainder of the session with no refund for unsafe play or unsportsmanlike conduct. If there is an extremely dangerous foul or behavior that occurred, the player will be notified.*